Grammar Boot Camp
November 5 @ 8:00 am - November 6 @ 5:00 pm PST
Teach grammar for the sake of reading and writing.
Registration is OPEN.
El Paso, Texas
Grammar Boot Camp, a combination of workshop and online lessons,
1) Supports classroom grammar instruction through Alice Nine’s videos for blended instruction and the creation of a student interactive notebook
2) Builds teacher capacity in both personal knowledge of English grammar and professional instructional skills for teaching grammar
During the Workshop,
Alice Nine shares a series of lessons, based on 10 essential questions:
1) How does a writer use knowledge of the parts of speech to write clearly, powerfully, creatively?
2) How an knowledge of sentence structure improve my writing / reading?
3) What is a sentence?
4) How can noticing language and its conventions help me become a better writer / reader?
5) How does having a command of English morphology and grammar help me become a better reader?
6) How does having a knowledge of grammatical elements help me construct a better writing piece?
7) How does a good writer make revising and editing decisions?
8) How does correct use of mechanics, words, and grammar improve the clarity of writing?
9) How does noticing and understanding author’s craft help me become a better writer / reader?
10) How do writers leverage their writing through grammatical structures, word usage, and conventions?
During the online Lessons for blended instruction,
Routines, and anchor lessons with anchor charts build concepts with clear, concise, easy explanations and definitions. Mentor texts model with accurate examples. Students create an interactive grammar notebook, a personal resource book. Full-color graphics and explicit notebook building is part of the lessons in Alice Nine’s online Grammar Boot Camps. Based on scientific research & best practices these grammar lessons align with the new ELAR TEKS and the ELPS and support gains in STAAR Writing. Read more and view sample lessons at academy.alicenine.net
Alignment with NEW ELAR TEKS
Strand 6 — The student learns grammar basics during the creation of an interactive grammar notebook. The student uses acquired knowledge to support appropriate use of conventions to edit, analyze, and revise a mentor sentence. The student writes legibly.
Strand 5 – The student uses critical inquiry to notice and analyze the authors’ choices and how they influence and communicate meaning in a mentor sentences. The student analyzes the authors’ craft and applies it purposefully in order to develop his or her own sentences.
Grammar Boot Camp, a two-day workshop.
View/Print the Agenda.
November 5-6, 2019
Attend the two-day Workshop and join Alice Nine Academy for Grammar Boot Camp, blended lessons with a one-year membership to Alice Nine Academy, home of Grammar Boot Camp.
It’s easy to enroll
View/Print: Brochure / Registration Form.
1) Follow directions on the Registration Form
2) Our PD facilitator will complete your registration and send a confirmation email to you.
Purchase through our online Store: HERE
Can’t attend the workshop?
Become a member of Alice Nine Academy by purchasing “Site Membership” HERE.