Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance. -Carl Sandburg.
Registration is OPEN.
El Paso, Texas
Don’t miss it! Alice Nine has revised her popular Interactive Poetry Notebook Workshop!
In this workshop, teachers will
• Outline 5 generic lessons that can be used with any poem
• Organize and layout the Interactive Poetry Notebook
• Experience the instructional activities in real time in the role of a student
• Create a personalized Teacher’s Edition of the Interactive Poetry Notebook
• Review poetry basics
• Apply STAAR™ poetry question stems
Visit Alice Nine’s “Talking with Letters” (blog) to read about Day One
Alignment with new ELAR TEKS
During the course of the five lesson designs of Alice Nine’s Interactive Poetry Notebook, students are purposefully engaged in the following ELAR TEKS:
Strand 1– The student uses newly acquired vocabulary expressively.
Strand 2 – The student uses metacognitive skills to both develop and deepen comprehension of increasingly complex poems.
Strand 3 – The student responds to poems that are read, heard, or viewed.
Strand 4 – The student recognizes and analyzes literary elements within and across diverse poems.
Strand 5 – The student uses critical inquiry to analyze the authors choices and how they influence and communicate meaning in poems. The student analyze the author’s craft.
Strand 6 – The student writes legibly and uses appropriate conventions
Interactive Poetry Notebook is a one-day workshop day: October 29, 2019.
View / Print the Agenda.
It’s easy to enroll
1) Follow directions on the Registration Form.Please note: Payment can be made with credit card at our Online Store.
2) Our PD facilitator will complete your registration and send a confirmation email to you.
View/Print: Brochure / Registration Form.