- This event has passed.
Writing STAAR™ Essays
December 12, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm PST
With an eye on STAAR™ — writing mentor essays and developing teaching points with Alice Nine.
Registration is OPEN
El Paso, TX.
A one-day workshop
Learn how to show your students to —
* Write a clear central idea statement using the prompt
* To plan and write the body with Alice Nine’s X-Builder
* Write a conclusion that completes the essay
Plan STAAR™ essay practice in bite-sized pieces
Plus you will have access to Writing STAAR™ Essays digital (online) modules
Writing STAAR™ Essays is a one-day workshop. View / Print the Agenda.
PLUS extensive online digital modules, available 24/7 through April 15, 2020.
It’s easy to enroll
1) Follow directions on Registration Form. Please note: Payment can be made with credit card at our Online Store..
2) Our PD facilitator will process your enrollment and send you a confirmation email.
View / Print: Brochure / Registration Form.
What is a blended workshop?
- LIVE workshop on December 12, 2019, with Alice Nine focuses on writing mentor essays and developing teaching points in response to STAAR-like prompts.
- Digital (online) Modules available 24/7 through March 15, 2020 include–
Deconstructing the Prompt–Understanding use of each part
Deciphering the Rubrics– Understanding the language
Developing the Essay– Close examination of components
From Prompt to Essay–How-to outlined with teaching points
From Prompt to Essay–A modeled lesson
Enroll in the Online Modules only
Our online modules are available for individual teacher enrollment as Digital PD.. Check our Calendar.