Writing STAAR™ Essays
October 17 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm MDT
With an eye on STAAR™ — writing mentor essays and developing teaching points with Alice Nine.
Registration is OPEN.
El Paso, TX.
A one-day workshop day
Learn how to show your students to —
*Use the prompt to write a clear central idea statement
*Use Alice Nine’s X-Builder for body
* Write a conclusion that completes the essay
Plan STAAR essay practice in bite-sized pieces
Plus you will have access to Writing STAAR™ Essays digital (online) modules
Writing STAAR Essays is a one-day workshop. View / Print the Agenda.
PLUS extensive online digital modules, available 24/7 through March 15, 2020.
It’s easy to enroll
1) Follow directions on Registration Form. Please note: Payment can be made with credit card at our Online Store..
2) Our PD facilitator will process your enrollment and send you a confirmation email.
View / Print: Brochure / Registration Form.
What is a blended workshop?
- LIVE workshop on October 17, 2019, with Alice Nine focuses on writing mentor essays and developing teaching points in response to STAAR-like prompts.
- Digital (online) Modules available 24/7 through March 15, 2020 include–
Deconstructing the Prompt
Deciphering the Rubrics
Developing the Essay
From Prompt to Essay, modeled step-by-step with teaching points
Enroll in the Online Modules only
Our online modules are available for individual teachers as Digital PD and will open for enrollment in August 2019. Check our Calendar or check here for a link to enroll online.