- This event has passed.
Writing STAAR Essays
October 15, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm PDT
With an eye on STAAR™ — writing mentor essays and developing teaching points with Alice Nine.
Registration is OPEN
El Paso, TX.
A one-day workshop day
Learn how to show your students to —
*Use the prompt to write a clear central idea statement
*Use Alice Nine’s X-Builder for body
* Write a conclusion that completes the essay
Plan STAAR essay practice in bite-sized pieces
Plus you will have access to Writing STAAR™ Essays digital (online) modules
Writing STAAR Essays is a one-day workshop. View / Print the Agenda.
PLUS extensive online digital modules, available 24/7 through March 15, 2020.
It’s easy to enroll
1) Follow directions on Registration Form. Please note: Payment can be made with credit card at our Online Store..
2) Our PD facilitator will process your enrollment and send you a confirmation email.
View / Print: Brochure / Registration Form.
What is a blended workshop?
- LIVE workshop on October 15, 2019, with Alice Nine focuses on writing mentor essays and developing teaching points in response to STAAR-like prompts.
- Digital (online) Modules available 24/7 through March 15, 2020 include–
Deconstructing the Prompt
Deciphering the Rubrics
Developing the Essay
From Prompt to Essay, modeled step-by-step with teaching points
Enroll in the Online Modules only
Our online modules are available for individual teacher enrollment as Digital PD.. Check our Calendar.